JSC "Stoilensky (Mining and Beneficiation Plant)" (NLMK Group) is one of the three leading mining companies in Russia. It develops one of the largest deposits of the Kursk Magnetic Anomaly (KMA). Stoilensky’s main products are iron ore concentrate, sinter ore and iron ore pellets.
Stoilensky is one of the most profitable mining companies in the world and a unique one combining high performance, low operating costs and top quality products.
Production at Stoilensky
Loose deposits are mined using a bucket wheel excavator and shovel excavators, while overburden, high-grade ore and iron formations require drilling and blasting operations prior to mining with shovel excavators. Rock is removed from the pit using trucks, rail and conveyor belts.
Sales Geography: Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe, China.
- 18.2% share in the Russian iron ore production in 2016;
- 23.58 million tonnes of iron ore produced in 2017;
- 1.5 million tonnes of sinter ore in 2017;
- 6 million tonnes of iron ore pellets in 2017;
- 6 billion tonnes or 130 years of development – the quarry’s industrial reserve;
- 375 m - the depth of the quarry is 375 m
- About 6000 employees;
- 300 km away from NLMK, its main consumer
Stoilensky is one of the most profitable mining companies in the world and a unique enterprise with high efficiency and low costs of production as well as the high quality of products.
|Products outcome, k tonnes||concentrate||
|Sales revenue, m RUR||
Sustainable operational and financial performance
mt - concentrate production
mt - sinter ore production
RUB - sales revenue
2017 operational efficiency programme effect
High level of corporate responsibility
have professional degree
passed professional courses in 2017
budget for professional development in 2016