Stoilensky is one of the most profitable mining companies in the world and a unique one combining high performance, low operating costs and top quality products.
Production at Stoilensky
Loose deposits are mined using a bucket wheel excavator and shovel excavators, while overburden, high-grade ore and iron formations require drilling and blasting operations prior to mining with shovel excavators. Rock is removed from the pit using trucks, rail and conveyor belts.
Sales Geography: Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe, China.
- 18.2% share in the Russian iron ore production in 2016;
- 23.58 million tonnes of iron ore produced in 2017;
- 1.5 million tonnes of sinter ore in 2017;
- 6 million tonnes of iron ore pellets in 2017;
- 6 billion tonnes or 130 years of development – the quarry’s industrial reserve;
- 375 m - the depth of the quarry is 375 m
- About 6000 employees;
- 300 km away from NLMK, its main consumer
Stoilensky is one of the most profitable mining companies in the world and a unique enterprise with high efficiency and low costs of production as well as the high quality of products.
|Products outcome, k tonnes||concentrate||
|Sales revenue, m RUR||
sinter ore production
RUB - sales revenue
2017 operational efficiency programme effect
have professional degree
passed professional courses in 2017
21 m RUB
budget for professional development in 2016